At Orfi Active we’ve identified a problem, and we’ve solved it. We’ve created a platform for people to easily organise, manage and discover a variety of sports and fitness activities in the UK.
It really is as simple as that – we’re just matchmakers between organisers of sport and potential participants.
We firmly believe that the best way to get people engaged in sports and fitness activities is to remove the barriers they face to do so. And in 2019, that means providing them with a simple, free-to-use digital platform.
The Orfi Active app does just that, combining an intuitive, admin-cutting tool for creating and managing sports and fitness session, and a clear, recognisable map and search system for participants to find and join activities near them.
We’ll be launching the app later this summer, and are aiming to build a strong and vibrant network of collaborators and an engaged audience.
Alongside this we have other branches to the company – Orfi Media, our digital marketing and branding agency and a number of smaller ventures.
In other words, there’s plenty to wrap your head around, and plenty to keep you busy!
We have a small team who have been working on the project for a long time. Now we’re looking for help as we take our products to the next level.
We’re looking for an all-rounder who can bring value across the board to our content and media output.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate will be managing social accounts, writing blogs and helping with simple graphic design work.
They will also need to be camera competent with experience of taking photos and shooting video – video editing skills would be a great bonus.
They will also have great scope for assisting in the ideation and creation of marketing and media campaigns, and will be able to develop skills across the marketing spectrum under senior staff experienced in journalism, marketing, social media and graphic design.
More than anything, we’re looking for an enthusiastic team player, who is happy to get their hands dirty with whatever is necessary to grow our brands.
Tasks, responsibilities and skills
- An accurate and creative writer, preferably with experience of crafting copy for blogs or publications.
- Social media savvy, with a knowledge of the hows and whys related to major platforms.
- Confident behind a camera, whether taking photos or shooting video.
- Managing Facebook and Slack/WhatsApp communities will be a facet of the role, so the candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic brand ambassador.
An eagerness to learn and grow is essential – we’re not looking for the finished product, but the right candidate will be someone who is passionate about marketing and thirsty to improve their skills. In return, we will offer training, guidance and real opportunities to get involved in important work.
- Graphic design skills – and a knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – would be great, but a willingness to learn would be fine in the right candidate.
- Similarly, video editing experience would be a great asset.
- An interest in, and knowledge of, sport would be a plus.
What we offer
- A starting salary of £16-£18k dependent on experience.
- The opportunity to get real hands-on experience in a first role.
- The chance to establish a role in a young company with ambitious future plans.
- City centre office location with darts and table tennis.
- Free fruit.
- 50% off gym membership.
Send you application to email@example.com